Match Day Protocol –
recognising and responding to SCA
- The main initial sign will be a sudden and unexpected collapse, not due to contact or trauma.
- The player will be unresponsive, breathe abnormally (or not at all), and possibly have seizure like movements.
- Alert everyone around of the situation
- Call for a Cardiac Arrest Ambulance (000)
- Get an AED (defibrillator) to the scene
- Commence CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Continue CPR until an ambulance and paramedics arrive or the player responds.
THE QUICKER CPR IS COMMENCED AND A DEFIBRILLATOR SHOCK IS GIVEN, THE GREATER THE CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
Click for download information :